StripFest is a community arts festival that supports the artists, the venues, the shopping strip and the local neighbourhood. The festival started in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and then moved onto Acland Street, St Kilda.
As communications manager on this project, my role included developing the websites and communications strategies for each of:
As part of the StripFest team, I worked with other stakeholders to develop the corporate and individual festival communications strategies, developing the objectives, the strategies and the operational plan/timeline. I then worked with the team to implement the activities and meet the objectives. This project included activities such as:
- Reviewing all of the content about StripFest, online and offline.
- Determining if the content should be on the corporate website or the individual festival sites
- Working with the designers to update the corporate brand and website.
- Designing and laying out the Brunswick Street and St Kilda Festival websites using WordPress (with branding supplied) .
- Developing and implementing the social media strategy. This included creating, curating and posting content on:
- Create/curate and edit content for each site. This included:
- Conducting video interviews with participants and the general public
- Creating informational posts
- Taking new photos and sourcing appropriate stock shots
- Working with writers, podcasters, videographers and photographers to create original content
- Reporting on the success of the communications strategy